Sunday, May 31, 2009

Line of the Day......<4>

Having been home for almost 3 weeks, I have definitely started to rebel from the rents a little bit. Initially, it was ignorance: I wasn't accustomed to the rules of being under their roof, again, after having been away from home for the whole year. For instance, I wasn't really feelin' how I had to tell them where I was going and when. I also did not enjoy the re-established curfew.

But, as time passed, the feelings of ignorance took on a whole new persona...that of rebellion. I just didn't care anymore. Rather than addressing them face-to-face, I would write a note or tell my brother to tell them of my whereabouts. Lack of necessity? Possibly....Chance that I just didn't care since I hadn't kept tabs on all my whereabouts during college (I don't know who does?) Definitely!

I'm not saying that just because we came home from school, that we should just cut all forms of communication between us and parents...no not at all! However, I do feel that at times I get fed up because of what I am accustomed to doing during the school year.

"Every act of rebellion expresses a nostalgia for innocence and an appeal to the essence of being."

I did not board at Hun, but I'm sure that people who did go to boarding school, as well as people who are home from college can relate...

How do you feel about this?

No comments:

Post a Comment