Saturday, May 30, 2009

KFC: Just Givin' Away the Chicken...


Many of us know about the KFC coupon Oprah was giving away on her website for the new Kentucky Grilled Chicken. Not going to lie, I printed one out too...it's a recession out here! Well now KFC is taking it one step further...FREE LUNCH FOR YOUR BARBERSHOP OR BEAUTY SALON! Really?!

When I first saw this, I thought it was a joke, but Hot97 is advertising the promotion on their website.

Basically, you log on to Hot97's website and register your local Barbershop or Beauty Salon. If your shop is selected, KFC caters a lunch for them. Sounds pretty simple, right?

It's good to see KFC stepping up to help the Black community, especially at this time. I did a little research to see who the big shots at KFC are, just out of curiosity. I found out that the Chief Operating Officer, Harvey Brownlee, is indeed a Black man!


Is KFC is doing the right thing by holding contests/promotions like this one or is the company just helping reinforce the stereotype about Black people and chicken?

Any thoughts?


http://www.hot97.com/Contests/Register.aspx?ContestID=103906

1 comment:

  1. hey... chicken is chicken... i like it, you like it...and im almost sure it cant tell who's eating it. sounds to me like KFC is stereotypically targeting the black community (knowing damn well that we would pay for it anyway, so thats just silly)... the question is...whats wrong with this chicken that theyre just giving the shit away?.... now its swine flu...whats next? poultry fever??... and as for the "unfried side of kfc" , that just doesnt make sense.

    ReplyDelete