Tuesday, June 30, 2009

BET Awards '09


Lets start with the beginning of the BET Awards. Its great to see how black people as a whole can come together and celebrate the death of Michael Jackson that even his own father, Joe Jackson, in this time of mourning came to see this tribute.
NOW TO THE PERFORMANCES
A great disappointment would be the opening act of New Edition which I know were great back in the day, but couldn’t hit a proper note and Bobby shouldn’t have even bothered, you couldn’t even understand a word of what he was saying yet it was hilarious when he dropped down to a split and could barely be able to get himself back up with out the help of the Mic stand. It would have been better if they jus lip sync.
NOW with Soulja Boy, words cant describe how much I just have wished he didn’t perform at all with his little anorexic ass. The whole over doneness (which I know isn’t even a word) of the sparks and the big ass bed, he just completely failed. I don’t even know why he even has a career.
BUT
Great performances, Jamie Foxx's Blame it on the Alcohol with a random appearance from Snoop but that was alright. With an additional performance of Travis Barker who has come aloong way from his burns that looks amazing now.
As well as Ne-yo who shocked the hell out of me when he took his hat off...but sung Lady In My Life by Michael Jackson beautifully and was the best performance in the beginning of the show, as well as She Got Her Own shocking me yet again.
I personally cant stand Beyonce with her multiple personally disorder called Sasha Fierce but I did love her performance looking like a light skinned black Barbie doll singing in the Arms of Angel, and bits and pieces of Italian song Aba Maria sounded amazing which I believed Michael Jackson loved, but left me in confusion because I was waiting for Single Ladies. Now with Gospel, God In Me with MaryMary ft Queen Latifa had a little bit of gangsta in it to be Gospel.
(sorry god but) OMFG KEITH MUTHAFUCKING SWEAT CAME OUT, I DNT CARE WHAT ANYONE HAS TO SAY HE STILL CAN SING SINGING "I WANNA". DEN GUY CAME OUT STILL DANCING SINGING "I LIKE"....DEN Bel Biv Devoe came out and didn’t even redeem themselves and sucked for a second time that Neyo had to come out and help them.
Ciara did great singing Heal the World as her tribute to Michael. Monica looked amazing but I think she overpowered Keisha Cole. Of course Death of Auto tune just had to be performed for what I don’t know but WHATEVER.
With the tribute to the Ojay's just had to bring out Tevin Campbell who looked old as hell, "Backstabbers", "Darling Darling Baby", and "Stairway to Heaven" sung by Trey Songz (sigh), Tyrese and Johnny Gill's performance just words cant describe how good they did with Tyrese’s...cant even say. AND Don Cornealus' long ass speech just rambling on and on and ON, but is a legend in himself for SOUL TRAAAAAIN. The O'jays haven’t even messed a step with their dance moves and singing "Let Me Love You", "Money (4x)" "Use to Be My Girl". But I feel the death of MJ overshadowed their moment, compared to the other Honors given out the past years it wasn’t the same type of energy.
With all the horrible censorship I’m in shock that T-Pains Big Ass Chain wasn’t blurred out. How can u blank out the word sex in Jeremiahs performance but not LET ME HIT THAT GSPOT GSPOT.
On another note, everyone seems to have a show now, Frankie and Neff is coming out soon, following with The Mo’nique Show, Wendy Williams, a crappy version of the price it right called PayItOff, Tiny and Toya, and Centric.I still think its funny that Marlon Waynes is going to be in G.I.Joe and obviously must want me to laugh the whole time. AND IM DYING FOR SKANK ROBBERS TO COME OUT AS A REAL MOVIE with Martin Lawrence as "Shenene" and Jamie Foxx as Wanda cuz that would be funny as hell.
And this Drake person who use to act as Jimmy in Degrassi The New Generation on The N channel, I don’t think that gangsta, and he aint even that cute. All the hype that was behind him, now I wish I didn’t even see his face so I could have kept that fantasy of what I thought he looked like. Once you've seen him on Degrassi I bet you'll be very disappointed as I feel right now.
Too bad Chris Brown couldn’t Moon Walk his ass on stage…I wonder if he bout Never Land ranch….

Furthermore, In an awards show that was full of FAILS.... Maxwell's Pretty wings performance was a win. After a short hiatus, and a very noticeable haircut, the king on making "baby making music" returned. In a simplistic performance of about 3 minutes, white confetti, a crisp italian suit, midst, and a jackson tribute (as was the theme of the night....rightfully so), Maxwell brought the house down! I'm glad they ended the show on a positive note....or at least tried to. They shouldve ended with this is contrast to a drake and young money fest

HARDLY HOME would like to thank Kim Wallace for her generous contribution to the blog

No comments:

Post a Comment